Our New Hair Washing System!

There are a million different ways to wash your children's hair - which one is best obviously depends on each individual child and their caregiver!  Do they hate water in their eyes? Their ears? Do they not care? Do they like the shower head? Do you have a removable shower head? Can you reach them if they're in the bathtub? etc, etc!

I'm not going to go into all the varieties of ways to wash hair on this post - but feel free to ask if you need more ideas! All I'm going to say now is that I thought using the sink was something we wouldn't be able to do for awhile - that Q was too young, that we wouldn't have the required communication, or she wouldn't have the patience - plus she likes to be up running around! Not sitting or laying down - especially not if it's Mom's idea!   WELL...
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


She LOVES it! Much less "painful" wash times now! Washing a toddler's hair has never been better! :)  Note:  All that towel wrapping is necessary - I have to "tuck her in" just right! :p

I will also add that this thing....


Is amazing. When I first saw them I thought they looked like just another gimmick.  and while I will still admit that it's not a necessity - it does make life a little less stressful! And I sure can't complain about that!



What are your wash day secrets?! :D

Speaking of washing hair - don't forget to check out the reviews of the latest product we've been trying - CARA B Naturally! First Impressions.  and The Behind the Scenes Report of CARA B.

Comments

  1. I needed this post!! DD has been acting so scary lately when it comes to washing her hair. It is becoming a bit cumbersome b/c she will put her hand in her soapy hair and then rub her eyes, so that turns into a screaming crying meltdown. Then she hates when I pour the water on her head, she immediately puts her head forward and all the water goes all down her face...you know she acts like she is dying when that occurs.

    I may try to lay her next to the sink...I have a sprayer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good! I hope things get better soon!

    Isn't that frustrating when they put their heads forward like that! If only they would listen to mommy! :p I'm sure my mom is still saying that about me... LOL

    Let me know how it goes!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - I love hearing from you!

(If you have trouble leaving a comment, please email me at curlyhairdoideas@yahoo.com and let me know! I don't want anything getting lost out here in cyber-space! lol)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...