Friday Feature! Little Girls' Curls

Welcome to Friday Feature! The series where YOU are the star! Today we get to hear from Mommy H about her two little curly sweeties! Enjoy!

How old are your little ones? My girls will be 4 and 2 in May.

What is your daily hair routine? Each morning we spray down hair with some water and then comb it out and style as we would like for the day. Both of my girls have very fine hair that does not take long to get messy and they wake up with a huge rats nest so the water is necessary to get the hair to not look messy.

       


Do you have any other "routines" that you add to that, but don't do every day? If so, what are they?
We wash hair with shampoo once or twice a week and when their hair seem really dry, frizzy or their scalp is dry we do an oil treatment.

Do you use chemicals in their hair?
No, Their hair would probably stay in better if I did but my opinion is that I would rather have to redo hair than put the chemicals on my children. I have found that a little bit of Shea butter works great to keep the curls in #1. I have to find a way to get them to stay with #2. They come out as soon as I comb her hair :( If I take her out of the bath and leave her hair alone the curls will come but because it is not combed it is not leaving the house material.

Do you use heat (hair dryer, curling iron, flat iron, etc) on their hair?
No their hair is still to short for curling and thin enough that it dries fast enough. Plus, I think curling is a special occasion thing. 

(The picture on the left is Mommy H's oldest daughter's hair in the morning after detangling, and on the right is at the end of the day!)


Have you ever straightened their hair? Why or why not? What were/are your thoughts on straightening curly hair?
No, their hair is still too short. I don't have a problem with using heat to straighten every once and a while but not chemical. I love the curls too much :)

What is your favorite way to style their hair?
When I can get #1's to curl I love it that way with the front pulled out of her face. With #2 I love to do pig tails, but she has a very sensitive head and it hurts her too much to do them too often. She will get red spots all along the part lines from them.

(The pictures below are Mommy H's daugther #2's curls, before combing, after combing... and just bein' curly!!)





What do you like best about your little girl's curly hair?
They make my little girl look like a little girl.


~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

Thank you for sharing your tips and tricks for young girls hair with us! I love how aware you are about not letting the ponytails be too tight or stay in too long. Great job, Mommy H! (I just love the pictures of the tangles, isn't that all too familiar?!)

Remember, YOU can be Featured, too! That's how we keep this series alive! and I think it's really helpful to learn from each other and see other curl styles and patterns and just basically encourage each other! Spread the HAIR LOVE!
email me at curlyhairdoideas@yahoo.com

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...