How to Soften Hair Elastics

Soak them in Coconut Oil before using them! It softens them right up and makes them much more gentle to your precious strands of hair!

Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, 15-Ounce Tubs (Pack of 2) 

I also like to use elastics that they give you for braces instead of regular hair rubber bands ... I discovered this trick as a braces-wearing teenager! :)  The rubber is much softer and the bands are smaller (so less to wrap around) and they are more stretchy than the standard brands you can buy at a drugstore.

Orthodontic Elastics Bands 1/4 Inch Medium - Great for Dreadlocks and Braids

Enjoy!

and click here for more Tips and Tricks by Curly Hairdo Ideas!

Don't forget! Only 2 days left to enter the Satin Lined Hat giveaway!!! You can't win if you don't enter!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - I love hearing from you!

(If you have trouble leaving a comment, please email me at curlyhairdoideas@yahoo.com and let me know! I don't want anything getting lost out here in cyber-space! lol)

Related Posts with Thumbnails