Box Braids, Cornrows and Bows

Here's our day two version of our Stacked Cornrows/French Braids.



For heavy bows like this I use a trick I learned from another great hair blog (that I can't find the link to or remember which blog it even was! Ahh! If you know, please leave a comment and I'll be sure to link to it) of using a small clear elastic ~ hook on side over one end of the clip, bring the elastic underneath the braids or ponytail that you're working with, and hook the other end of the elastic over the other end of the clip!! It really keeps bows and other accessories in place well - even on a wiggly, wild toddler!

It's nice to have a style that you can leave in for a few days - yet still dress it up differently for variety! And braids aren't the only way to do that! More in a future post...

Comments

  1. The tip about the elastic and the bows is from Babes in Hairland. I love that, I use it all the time! www.babesinhairland.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. There we go! Thank you! I couldn't remember if it was Babes or Adopt-a-do. They're both great!

    When I get a second I'll see if I can find the link to the actual how-to page. It has great pictures that really help explain the trick ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - I love hearing from you!

(If you have trouble leaving a comment, please email me at curlyhairdoideas@yahoo.com and let me know! I don't want anything getting lost out here in cyber-space! lol)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...