Messy Knots

 

They're not actually "knots" - I just start to make a ponytail, but then twist the elastic over again before the first hair is pulled through all the way. Basically a "messy bun" but on such little hair it doesn't look as full.
The one in front also has a braid involved :) I was trying something new and it didn't go as planned - so we ended up with this! I quite liked it tho. :) Sometimes the best things come when you really weren't expecting them! (Not that this is my best style...I hope not anyway! But I do like it. It's very different from how I usually do Q's hair.) The braid wouldn't be necessary if you were intending to do messy knots from the beginning! :) lol

Here's a couple more pictures :) The last one's my personal favorite!

 


(This one was taken before the last knot had been added. Later in the day there was one more on her right side - our left as we look in the picture - and I think that really balanced it out nicely once that one was added.)

Comments

  1. I tried doing one of these hairdos (not this one exactly) on my little boy (he's got long hair till he'll be 3 years old- for religious reasons)... and i couldn't get him to keep his head in one place long enough. Twists, braids, whatever- I couldn't do anything that required precision. I ended up making him a whole bunch of layered ponies... but how do you get your daughter to stay still????

    www.PennilessParenting.com
    (I followed you, and I'm Penniless on DiaperSwappers)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!! Thanks for following me! :D Here's my answer to your question... http://curlyqshairdos.blogspot.com/2010/02/follower-question.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - I love hearing from you!

(If you have trouble leaving a comment, please email me at curlyhairdoideas@yahoo.com and let me know! I don't want anything getting lost out here in cyber-space! lol)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...