X - Twists

I love this one! I think it's one of my favorites so far! :D


After thoroughly wetting and gently combing out Q's curls with a wide toothed comb, I sectioned the hair on top of her head into four sections.



Then, starting in the section of hair that isn't in a temporary clip (right front in this case) I divided the hair into two parts and twisted them both to the right, individually. then I twisted the two twists together to the left! (Basically did a "twist braid") I angled it diagonally to the left, toward the section of hair "kitty-corner" across from where I started...



Then I attempted to do a "french twist" by adding in the hair from the new section to the twist I had already started.



I added it in little sections, alternating which strand I added to as I went. No real rhyme or reason, just kinda made it up as I went along. :) and I ended up with this ...



This is what it looks like from the left side :)



Then I attempted to do the same thing with the two sections I had left!






Which brought us to here...



I thought about just leaving it like this, but the last bit had gotten loose (when I dropped it!) so I wasn't sure how long it would stay. Plus it just seemed a little unfinished to me.... so we brought the ends together with a clip!



And that was it! :D What do you think??



Comments

  1. That's cuuute! I don't think I've seen that done before. Your daughter has such curly hair! :) awww

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! She sure does! I love it! But it's also a learning curve for me, as I have NO curl in my own hair whatsoever! :

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - I love hearing from you!

(If you have trouble leaving a comment, please email me at curlyhairdoideas@yahoo.com and let me know! I don't want anything getting lost out here in cyber-space! lol)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...