Quick and Easy Woven Piggies

I love this one for it's simplicity! (Ok, it took me awhile to get it "quick" but after two or three times doing it - you'll see what I mean! It's pretty much just Step-Ponies gone crooked. :) )


First I get Q's hair thoroughly wet and comb out all her curls. (I've read that it's best to comb out curls while the hair is wet because it's more fragile when dry and more likely to get damaged. However, feel free to style your kiddos hair wet or dry! lol I've just found that wet hair works best for us...)   I like to keep my fingers between the comb and her head and kinda pinch the hair so that if it tugs, it's not tugging on her poor little head! Also, if you have long hair - make sure to start at the ends and work your way up.



Then I put in two little piggies near her forehead...


 

Then section off the next piggy to be directly behind one of the first two... as you put in the elastic, add the hair from the piggytail ACROSS from it! Like this...



Then do the same on the other side!



And that's it! You're done!



Of course you could always add some claw clips or other fancier accessory if you wanted to :)










p.s. I have to say a  GREAT BIG Thank You to Rebekah for first teaching me this style and giving me the encouragement and interest to learn more! THANK YOU!

Comments

  1. I just did this with my little girls hair (shes a year old) and this was so super quick and easy to do! (even with her lack of attention span and her wiggling all over the place!!!) I was still able to quickly get it in and done all within about a minute, which is typically how long it takes to do a single pony in the back with how long my little Q wiggles all over the place, and its so super cute, no one will no it took me no time at all!!!! Thanks so much for your whole blog, as my little Q's hair grows out more, and she gets more and longer attention span, I will continue to use the hair styles your posting!!! Thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you like it and that it worked well for you!! :D You're so sweet!

    Feel free to send in some pictures if you want to! I'd love to see them, and if you'd like we could post them in your own Featured Followers post! email me if you're interested ... curlyhairdoideas@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - I love hearing from you!

(If you have trouble leaving a comment, please email me at curlyhairdoideas@yahoo.com and let me know! I don't want anything getting lost out here in cyber-space! lol)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...