White Girl Braid Out?

LOL - okay, so have you seen these beautiful Braid Outs on curly hair that you see on sites like Beads, Braids, and Beyond or CurlyNikki or Happy Girl Hair?  I loooove them! So pretty, so full!

You've seen us do a couple Braid Outs before (day after curls, etc) and my own mom used to let my hair be wavy the day after wearing french braids... but it isn't a sure-fire style for me! Or Q! It's kinda hit-or-miss. and it never looks big and full like some hair types do... sigh. ;-)  But this blog is about learning to love what we have, right? and not wishing for someone else's hair (or clothes or features, or shoes, or...!)

So, I wanted to show you some before and after shots! :)

I actually started to take these pictures to share and show why we don't often do Braid Outs on Q - look at this! lol  (and this is taking out her braids with NO product or water. If I use anything - the waves disappear)



Crazy hair, huh?!  and the parts don't want to hide themselves! and there are strange straight pieces in with the waves  - and at the ends, etc.


Before I threw in the towel, I decided to try a ponytail...


and I liked it! :-)     (Can you believe how long my baby's hair is getting?!?)


So then I thought I would see what happened if we tried just putting the front half up....




Not bad, huh?! :) And she got more compliments today than probably any style to date! LOL  Go figure. :)

If you're curious about what style this followed, and why she has that cute twist beside her face when I have been calling this a "braid" out - here it is! The Toddler Updo - Cornrows and Flat Twists.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed these pictures - and don't give up on your hair! It might not look like the pictures or the inspiration, but it's uniquely yours - and it's Worth It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - I love hearing from you!

(If you have trouble leaving a comment, please email me at curlyhairdoideas@yahoo.com and let me know! I don't want anything getting lost out here in cyber-space! lol)

Related Posts with Thumbnails