Hair Gel - Homemade and Natural!

I don't like to use a lot of products in, well, Anybody's hair. :) But especially small baby's and kid's hair. It usually contains soooo many potentially harmful chemicals, etc, that I just want to avoid it. (Not to mention that many products can dry out the hair and make it damaged and harder to manage.)

However, sometimes you just need extra hold! and curls often (so I'm learning) respond well to a bit of product - whether it's to hold the shape of the curl, or whatever. So I began looking for alternative options. I found a ton!

This is the only one I've actually tried so far - but I like it so well that I haven't felt the need to keep searching! :)  Here's the "recipe" ...

Take approx one cup of water and 2 Tablespoons of flax seed. (Whole, not ground) Place in a pan on the stove and bring to a boil. Then let it simmer on low heat for about 10-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.

And that's it! You can add an Essential Oil for fragrance if you want it to smell pretty. :) I added Sweet Orange to mine tonight. (My favorite is Vanilla, though! But I couldn't find it....)

I keep ours in the refrigerator and it lasts about a week or two.  :)

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. I didn't know that! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! :D I haven't used a lot of products personally, so I can't really compare it to others, but I like how it's working so far! Next I think I'm going to try to find a hairspray recipe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. where did you buy your flax seed from

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought ours from our local grocery store. In the "natural/organic" section. If that isn't available to you - I'm sure you can find it online - probably even from amazon! lol Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - I love hearing from you!

(If you have trouble leaving a comment, please email me at curlyhairdoideas@yahoo.com and let me know! I don't want anything getting lost out here in cyber-space! lol)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...