Curly Hair Positivity

I had a dream as a teen:  to write a children's book. I had no idea what or why or how.

It didn't happen.


I had a dream as a new mom, full of fun and vigor about learning to care for and style my daughter's curly hair:  to encourage little ones to love their natural curly hair from the time they were young - all the way into adulthood.

There is so much negativity when it comes to hair. Much of it is grass is greener syndrome, I'm sure, but a lot of it is just plain cultural. As a culture we have had a hard time accepting Big Huge Curly Hair.  I wanted to do something about it. Like Willow Smith did with Whip My Hair and Sesame Street did with I Love My Hair (ohmy did we watch that on repeat when my daughter was little!) and books like Emi's Curly Coily, Cotton Candy Hair.

So I started this blog! and I really really wanted to write a book. An "early education" picture book for little kids about how incredible their natural hair is.

But it didn't happen.


I still have that dream!  That book is WRITTEN!  It is getting illustrations created for it NOW!



Can you believe it?!?! After all this time, my dream is finally going to become a reality. I read the book to my (now 11 year old!) daughter last night and she said she liked it. I guess I'll have to see what you guys all think soon!


I seriously cannot wait for this all to come to be. It seems unreal. I am beyond thrilled!! and I want you all to get it, and read it, and tell me what you think, and share it with your friends of littles, and friends of curly headed kiddos!

There will be a pre-order plan coming, along with the official release and book launch. I'm just figuring all this out as I go, so bear with me! The book will be available on Amazon, hopefully in print but for sure in ebook form for now.

Follow the blog's facebook page for updates! Curly Hairdo Ideas


Here's to seeing dreams come true - no matter how old you are, or how long you waited, failed, put it off, and tried again! Dreams do come true!!





Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...