Our Summer Hairstyles

Hair Carnival Time!! I don't know if you've heard, but there are just short of a million awesome hair blogs out there in the world wide web. and we are now coming together like never before! Each month (or so) we are going to do a Hair Carnival where we link together, for your enjoyment, a bunch of related posts about hair! Isn't that exciting?!

So this month's theme was "Summer Hair Care" - in light of that, here are our summer styles so far! Enjoy!

Simple, quick and easy.
Braid Out.


Free Flowing CURLS!


Hats and braids


Box Braids and Cornrows


Two Low Pigtail Braids

Between leaving the Box Braid hairstyles in for 8-10 days, and a month of braiding varieties with the BBB Protective Styling Challenge, that's been about it! I have been enjoying the ease and simplicity of our styles this summer for sure.

Also, one more thing I've learned this summer about summer hairstyles and summer hair care is that before getting in the pool or the lake, or the OCEAN! (yes we were at the ocean!! But it was really really cold and Q didn't go in) I've found it really helpful to put either conditioner, or aloe vera juice, in Q's hair prior to getting wet. That way her hair soaks up some good moisture and healthy stuff rather than chlorine and salt and whoknowswhatelse. When she gets out I rinse it and we're good to go!

I hope you've been enjoying your summer hairstyles, too! Feel free to send me a picture or leave a comment! I love hearing from you! oh, and don't forget to "LIKE" this post...!


Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...