I Love to Swim

<-- if you like this post, please click "LIKE"!! Thank you!

Summer and swimming go hand in hand, don't they? We haven't had as much time in the pool as Q would like, I'm sure, but we do what we can to make it happen! Especially after I started adding conditioner or aloe vera juice to her hair before she gets in the water - it makes all the difference later!

As Q was learning from her new book - "I've had my swim, my day is made!"  It's been her mantra every now and then this summer!


 (Don't mind the poor video quality! Or the goofy unfinished braid out Q is sporting!)

Not only is it important to take good care of her curly hair when she's in the water, but I also try to make water experiences good ones for her. From the time she was little I've wanted to make water a good, fun, safe place to be. So far, so good! and this book is a huge help toward that goal!

The author, Rita Goldberg, was a national swimmer in Britain! She takes the reader through the developmental stages of swimming and lessons and how to stay safe while around water. In an easy, fun, memorable way! and the drawings are adaptations of real children's drawings! How cool is that?!

If you would like to get your little swimmer's hands on a copy of one of these new books, check out the website at http://www.ilovetoswimthebook.com/




Q received this book in exchange for us to review it honestly and openly on this blog. I truly enjoyed the book and the pictures were creative. I think the story really helped Q become acquainted with the progression of growing up and becoming a more independent person, with regards to swimming...and in general!  It made her ask some interesting questions, which we then got to discuss! Awesome!

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...