Friday Feature ~ An Oldie, but Goodie!

Happy Friday!! I thought I'd share an old favorite as the feature today. It's one that I shared here on the blog a couple years ago, right after this blog got started! But it's still one of my favorite, it's so pretty! I hope you enjoy it, too.

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

I love this one! I think it's one of my favorites so far! 


After thoroughly wetting and gently combing out Q's curls with a wide toothed comb, I sectioned the hair on top of her head into four sections.


Then, starting in the section of hair that isn't in a temporary clip (right front in this case) I divided the hair into two parts and twisted them both to the right, individually. then I twisted the two twists together to the left! (Basically did a "twist braid") I angled it diagonally to the left, toward the section of hair "kitty-corner" across from where I started...


Then I attempted to do a "french twist" by adding in the hair from the new section to the twist I had already started.


I added it in little sections, alternating which strand I added to as I went. No real rhyme or reason, just kinda made it up as I went along. :) and I ended up with this ...


This is what it looks like from the left side :)


Then I attempted to do the same thing with the two sections I had left!




Which brought us to here...


I thought about just leaving it like this, but the last bit had gotten loose (when I dropped it!) so I wasn't sure how long it would stay. Plus it just seemed a little unfinished to me.... so we brought the ends together with a clip!


And that was it! :D What do you think??


~~*~~*~~*~~

I hope your summer is fabulous so far! Keep coming back to visit us, I have lots more in store before the season is over!

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...