A Teenage Curly Hair Interview - Anissa

It's my pleasure to be able to share another Curly Hair Interview with you today! This interview is with Anissa, a Curly Hairdo Ideas reader! 



She writes: "I used to absolutely hate and wish everyday for straight hair because I didn't know the proper way to care for my crazy curly hair. I now use no shampoo products no matter my mom's protests. I love my curly hair and live for the advice written about for curls on this blog! Thanks so much!!"

(awww! shucks! Thank YOU Anissa! You're makin' me blush over here!)

Read on for the rest of her thoughts about curls!  ....


What is your daily hair routine? I wash my hair with conditoner ( Herbal Essences: none of your frizziness) almost everyday and then use Garnier Fruits curl cream and curl gel which usually holds down frizz most days and makes me love my hair.

Do you have any other "routines" that you add to that, but don't do every day? If so, what are they? Some days I do a wrap around braid when my hair is wet and sleep with it take out in the morning and have braided curls which can sometimes be easier to manage.

Do you use chemicals in your hair? I had one chemical treatment to release the dryness from my hair and when I was done my stylist told me my hair would be less curly I came home crying and never let her do a single thing to my hair ever again. So that was first and last experience!

Do you use heat (hair dryer, curling iron, flat iron, etc) on your hair? I've used all of those on my hair in the past and enjoy my curls more because the heat hurts them so much and it really isn't worth the time it takes.

Have you ever straightened your hair? Why or why not? What were/are your thoughts on straightening curly hair? I have straightened my hair and I LOVED it until I became hair enlightened and decided that it was ridicoulous! I don't think that curly girls should straighten their hair its just wrong because you should be loving what God has given you. I now hate when people say "You should straighten your hair" because I love my hair the way it is and that isn't going to change.


What is your favorite way to wear your hair? My favorite way to my hair is down and all flowy. It is soo gorgeous and I wouldn't want it any other way.

What do you like best about your curls? I like that my curls are really flexible they can curl any which way and can still be happy and health.
If there was one thing you could say or one tip you could give a young person with curls, what would it be? Embrace them because not everyone out their is blessed enough to get perfect gorgeous curls. And if you're lucky enough to have them then why not wear them with pride?!


If there was one thing you could say or one tip you could give to the Parents of young children with curls, what would it be?! Teach your kids how lucky they are to have a head of gorgeous curls! Point out other people curls to show them they aren't alone and provide with the tools to grow up loving them not wanting to kill the curl with the damaging heat products.


--

Well said! I love the confidence that shows through in her writing as well. Don't you agree?! 

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and experiences with us, Anissa! You and your curls are beautiful!


If you would like to share your own hair stories, visit the Now It's YOUR Turn! tab under the header (or just click that link! lol) We love to hear from you!

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...