Switching hosting providers.

I've been thinking about it for awhile now - but I love the ease of blogger. As do spammers. (which are the cause of "false positives" as they call it when innocent bloggers get deleted.)

This blog was unavailable for awhile tonight - I'm not sure if my frantic antics actually helped or if they just replaced it by themselves - but WOW was that scary!

I can't handle that again!

I am 99% sure we will be switching providers now. But that won't affect you much, the URL / web address will stay the same.

If you use google reader, you might have to delete me and then add me again manually, but you'll still be able to see me there! :)

Please accept my apologies if you had trouble finding us tonight!! We are STILL HERE!! and don't miss out on the current giveaway!!!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

what on earth? how does a blog just "dissapear"? can this happen to any blog? How does switching providers help to avoid this? This is the first I've heard of something like this ha[[ening, tell me more.

Dreamer13 said...

Yeah, it's a relatively common problem with blogger (and I would guess, with any free hosting provider? not sure though). They have so many spammers that publish free blogs that they have to have a way of clearing them out. Because of that, they randomly (automated system) snag valid non-spammy blogs, too.

I'm hoping that if I switch to the free hosting I have with the company I got my domain name through, that this won't happen again. I also think, tho, that now that I've been thru it and "told" blogger that I'm not a spam-blog, that it shouldn't happen again here either. At least not for awhile! But now I'm scared! :)

There's some good (if frustrating) help on the google help pages, as well as lots of posts on this here - http://blogging.nitecruzr.net/index.html

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - I love hearing from you!

(If you have trouble leaving a comment, please email me at curlyhairdoideas@yahoo.com and let me know! I don't want anything getting lost out here in cyber-space! lol)

Related Posts with Thumbnails