Curly Girl T-shirts and other advocacy apparel??

So I had this idea (after my unfortunate incident at the park) to create T-shirts and other "merchandise" or paraphernalia to advocate our natural CURLS!!

What do you think?? Good idea? Bad? Silly? Pointless? Would you buy it?!

Have you seen the breastfeeding ones? or super cute cloth diaper onsies for babies?? My favorite breastfeeding shirt/onsie says, "If my breastfeeding bothers you, please feel free to cover your head with a blanket."  LOL!! I think it's soooo cute and funny and appropriate!

Anyway, that was a tangent - but back to Hair! ... Would you consider purchasing t-shirts for yourself or your kids, or a handbag, or mug, or whatever(!) that had something to do with Keeping Curls Curly? Or some picture or cute slogan? :)   I would just love to see more people enjoy their own God-given hair, rather than spend their lives hating what grows out of their head - and trying desperately to change it. :(

What are your thoughts on the subject?

p.s What do you think of the new header?? oh and ... Don't forget to enter the TWO giveaways!!  :)


EDIT:  Just to clarify, a question was asked in the comments and I thought it was a good one - so I thought I'd post the answer here in the post as well - in case anyone else was wondering! :)

Question: What is the point of making curly hair Advocacy t-shirts?

Thanks for your input! I guess the point being that I never know what to say - to speak - in the moment when someone is being negative about curls.
What's the point of any advocacy t-shirt? Awareness and jolting people's minds into Thinking about the subject, rather than just going along in life, never questioning the "norm".

and I really (maybe I'm the only one) feel passionately that people shouldn't constantly be having to try to change who they were born as, or what look they were born into, just because society says it's not "right" or not "easy". Long hair often gets a bad reputation as being "hard to manage" too, but it's not! Neither are curls, you just have to know how to treat them the way they need to be treated. Just like you treat dogs and cats and cows and lizards differently! LOL What an analogy!

anyway, that was long, but maybe it answers your question?

13 comments:

Olivia said...

I LOVE the look of the new header! Did you make it yourself? And the hairdo in the middle is fantastic - where can I find instructions on how to try it too?

Dreamer13 said...

Thanks! Yeah, I made it myself :) Not sure it will be the "final" one - but I do like it better than some of the previous ones! lol

Here's the link for that headband - it's also the third one down in the last of "favorite hairdos" located at the top in the middle sidebar ;)

http://curlyqshairdos.blogspot.com/2010/01/french-braid-headband.html

Dreamer13 said...

grr. "list" not "last"!! lol

Kristine said...

I love the new header, her curls are SO BEAUTIFUL!!

Dreamer13 said...

awww, Thank you!

Carrie said...

Love the new header! Much more organized! We aren't a curly haired family, so I don't think that the t-shirt thing applies to us. But, I certainly wouldn't buy "blonde" hair advocacy shirts (both of my twins are blonde... for now, guessing that it will brown out at some point though), so if we did have curly hair, I probably wouldn't buy them either. :-/ Sorry, Mama. I don't get the point.

Dreamer13 said...

Thanks for your input! I guess the point being that I never know what to say - to speak - in the moment. What's the point of any advocacy t-shirt? Awareness and jolting people's minds into Thinking about the subject, rather than just going along in life, never questioning the "norm".

and I really (maybe I'm the only one) feel passionately that people shouldn't constantly be having to try to change who they were born as, or what look they were born into, just because society says it's not "right" or not "easy". Long hair often gets a bad reputation as being "hard to manage" too, but it's not! Neither are curls, you just have to know how to treat them the way they need to be treated. Just like you treat dogs and cats and cows and lizards differently! LOL What an analogy!

anyway, that was long, but maybe it answers your question?

Crunchy Beach Mama said...

Hi! Wanted to visit your blog since you visited mine! You make me want to have curly haired girls instead of boys :)

Dreamer13 said...

Thanks for stopping by! Hopefully some of the other things (maybe not the fancy hairdos! lol) will be helpful for your boys! I love featuring others here as well (even straight haired people like myself!) so if you're ever interested, let me know! :)

Dreamer13 said...

(or just go to the tab under the header that says "Now it's YOUR turn!" :) )

Mo Chuisle said...

Cute header. I guess I'm one for the smartass type shirts. When I was pregnant I wore a shirt that said 'Touch the belly lose a hand'. So I guess I would probably buy a shirt about curls if it had some kind of humor implied in the message.

Olivia said...

Oh, and I like activist type t-shirts. I haven't owned any of the born at home, breastfed, or intact t-shirts, but I would put them on my kids. Not sure about curly hair shirts though. What would they say? If it were something really funny, I guess that would be OK :).

Katie and Steph said...

1st of all I like the header - I love purple!

2nd - That breastfeeding t-shirt is AWESOME! Too funny!

3rd - I think making shirts is a GREAT idea. Steph and I were just talking about making Keep Me Curly shirts with our logo on them :) You could always buy one from us!

Yeah Curls!

(Katie)

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - I love hearing from you!

(If you have trouble leaving a comment, please email me at curlyhairdoideas@yahoo.com and let me know! I don't want anything getting lost out here in cyber-space! lol)

Related Posts with Thumbnails